Update Email 8 Jan 2021

I hope you had a good holiday and a happy new year.
Just a short update this week, since as I mentioned last time, New Zealand pretty much closes down from mid-Dec to mid-Jan for the holidays. Things will finally be coming back to life next week.
On the science side, the protein from the second fabrication batch that I mentioned in my last update is now in-hand. As the last step of fabrication, we run the dissolved compound through a 0.2 micron filter, which effectively sterilizes it. After that, it can be safely stored at 4C (in a standard refrigerator). The next steps will involve characterizing the protein and confirming various aspects of fabrication. These tests won't involve live cells or viruses. Our priorities on the virus side are currently SARS-CoV-2 and HPV. The timing and possible near-term testing against other viruses depends on the results of our analysis ("research").
As is pretty standard for biotech start-ups, our search for funding is continuous and ongoing. We are currently pursuing grants of various kinds. Unfortunately, most of them have a fairly long lead time between application and a final decision. If you happen to know of any good sources of grants that we should consider, please let me know.

Thanks for your continued interest and support.
Our vision is the end of viral disease in humans, pets and livestock.