Treating Cancer?

I know this is probably far far away, but do you think that the technology of Vtose can ultimately be used against cancer cells? I know that the apoptosis process is compromised in cancer cells, and I don’t really understand how Vtose induces apoptosis in viral cells, but since Vtose knows how to single out viral cells, maybe it can single out cancer cells? I know it’s a totally different thing, but still I think it’s an interesting take. 

also, I was wondering whether do you think viruses can build immunity to Vtose somehow. 

Happy Rosh Hashanah everyone 🙂 

7 minutes ago, Curious Bob said:

I know this is probably far far away, but do you think that the technology of Vtose can ultimately be used against cancer cells? I know that the apoptosis process is compromised in cancer cells, and I don’t really understand how Vtose induces apoptosis in viral cells, but since Vtose knows how to single out viral cells, maybe it can single out cancer cells? I know it’s a totally different thing, but still I think it’s an interesting take. 

also, I was wondering whether do you think viruses can build immunity to Vtose somehow. 

Happy Rosh Hashanah everyone 🙂 

The short answer is ... maybe. There are some interesting connections and cross-over points between viruses and cancer, and it's definitely something we're thinking about. However, there's nothing concrete or proven or even in the current experiment pipeline -- so, as you said, "probably far far away."

As to whether viruses may be able to "build immunity" to VTose® somehow: we don't know. Based on the mechanism of action, about all I can say is that it might be possible; viruses are wily little critters, and evolution is a remarkably powerful thing. However, based on its mechanism of action, we also believe that developing an effective defense will take a much larger evolutionary leap than with conventional antiviral drugs or even vaccines.